Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 iSeries Migration Overview
The tool migrates the following database objects and properties from Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 iSeries:
- Tables and Data
- Converts columns definitions - data types, default values, NOT NULL constraints
- Supports identity columns (sequence and trigger are generated in DB2 iSeries)
- Converts integrity constraints - primary and foreign keys, unique and check constraints
- Converts comments
- Resolves reserved words and identifiers conflicts
- Transfers data (including TEXT and IMAGE data types)
- Indexes, Views and Logins
- SQL Server T-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers
- Converts SQL Server T-SQL to IBM DB2 iSeries SQL PL
Besides SQL Server T-SQL server-side business logic, Ispirer MnMTK also converts SQL queries in front-end applications and scripts to conform with IBM DB2 iSeries SQL syntax.
Ispirer MnMTK Features for Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 iSeries Migration
- Quick and Useful Conversion of SQL Scripts - You can easily start converting existing SQL Server SQL scripts - DDL statements, database SQL dump, SQL queries, etc.
- Conversion with Database Connection - Ispirer MnMTK can connect to SQL Server, extract and convert the entire database or just specified objects and schemas to IBM DB2 iSeries
- Generates SQL scripts in IBM DB2 iSeries syntax
- Command Line Support can help you automate the migration process
Why Ispirer MnMTK to convert Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 iSeries
Ispirer MnMTK and our support ensure low cost and nearly 100% automation of MSSQL to DB2 iSeries migration.
- ~100% Automation - For all migration tasks: DDL, server-side business logic, SQL syntax in front-end applications and scripts. Key Features
- Fast Customization - Free fixes within 1-2 business days
- Pre-Sale Engagement - We demonstrate full conversion during the evaluation before you make a decision. Engagement Process
- Low Cost - We offer flexible pricing
- Optimized Conversion - Intelligent and maintainable code, no Ispirer's middleware is used after conversion
When you need to migrate from MS SQL Server to DB2 iSeries we are right here to help you.