Cross-Database Migration Services with Ispirer
Accelerating our customers’ cross-database migration journey.
We Understand Your Needs
Today, almost any business is highly dynamic in terms of competition and innovation. There are a number of reasons why it is important to modernize your software infrastructure. Although the specific causes for database migration may vary by business, in most cases they are:
- It is difficult to process the increasing volumes of data and the number of users in growing companies.
- Organizations still operate some of their systems on old hardware that no longer meets their performance requirements.
- Legacy systems impede adoption of new technologies.
- Lack of updates and support for outdated technologies leads to poor database maintenance and severe security issues.
Cross-Database Migration Process
Basically, migration of databases includes 6 steps:
- Database assessment provided by our Assessment Wizard uncovers the full condition of your database, and provides a detailed report on the number of objects, lines of code, the volume of the database and other key parameters. Based on the reports, we will be able to determine the approximate timeframe and cost of a migration project. Since each source database has its unique characteristics, a final assessment usually requires in-depth analysis.
- Database schema migration. This process is fully automated thanks to our SQLWays Wizard. Once the automated conversion is completed, we take the matter in our own hands, verify the outcome and manually adjust the migrated schema to bring it to perfection.
- Test the converted schema. At this stage we perform functional testing using test cases of a source database.
- Test database performance. Ispirer experts perform performance testing using test cases of a source database. We also optimize the converted code. Performance issues can be addressed by refactoring or additional optimization of the target code.
- Data migration. Data migration strategy is developed based on the amount of data and the required timeframe. Prior to the production migration, we provide a number of test migrations and based on their results we come up with the best strategy.
- Cutover. The final step which includes preparation for switching databases, setting up connections for all applications and providing access to all users.
Database schema migration is usually the most time-consuming part of the database migration process. It is, however, our expertise that allows us to offer you an approach capable of migrating the database schema as quickly and as efficiently as possible. How do we do this?
We create a custom database migration plan designed to support your goals, while minimizing disruption risks and system downtime. The Ispirer team can carry out a Proof-of-Concept stage, during which a small but representative scope of code is migrated. The stage is conducted to find the right solution for migration and evaluate the quality of the final result. Thereafter, our seasoned experts take a comprehensive assessment of your IT environment and handle the migration of your database system.
We believe that automation can greatly simplify the complex migration process. For this purpose, our top-notch Ispirer Toolkit was created. Its use in database schema migration allows us to reduce the overall migration time and focus on optimizing the performance of a new database. If your database contains specific code structures, we customize Ispirer Toolkit to ensure a maximum level of conversion automation.
Once the database migration is over, you will get the converted entire database schema and data:
Start your migration journey with Ispirer turnkey database migration service to accelerate innovation, remain competitive, reduce IT infrastructure costs and increase overall ROI. That will propel your organization forward and help you stay ahead of competition. With Ispirer migration services, you will get:
- migration of your entire database, including triggers, functions, stored procedures, indexes and views to the new database management system;
- clean code in the target technology, prepared for further development, for example, embedding new functionality;
- minimum manual work required after migration;
- centralized environment and simplified management of your data.
Get Started with Ispirer Database Migration Service
Use the drop-down lists to find your database migration direction and get an estimate of Ispirer Database Migration Service.
Need help choosing a target technology? Get professional advice from our experts!Expert advice
Migration of RDBMS to MongoDB
Relational and No-SQL databases differ fundamentally in their underlying data models. Relational databases are built to store and manage relational data as efficiently as possible while No-SQL databases are developed to store and manage petabytes of data more flexibly.
Due to our extensive experience and the use of automation in our projects, we are able to approach a conversion of any outdated database into a cutting-edge MongoDB database efficiently. With their deep experience and knowledge Ispirer experts provide maximum ROI with minimum effort on the migration process.
Benefits You Get