Firebird to DB2 AS/400 Migration Overview
The tool migrates the following database objects and properties from Firebird to DB2 AS/400:
- Tables and Data
- Converts columns definitions - data types, default values, NOT NULL constraints
- Converts integrity constraints - primary and foreign keys, unique and check constraints
- Converts comments
- Resolves reserved words and identifiers conflicts
- Transfers data
- Indexes and Views
- Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers
Besides server-side business logic, Ispirer MnMTK also converts SQL queries in front-end applications and scripts to conform with the DB2 AS/400 syntax.
Ispirer MnMTK Tool Features for Firebird to DB2 AS/400 Migration
- Quick and Useful Conversion of SQL Scripts - You can easily start converting existing SQL scripts - DDL statements, database SQL dump, SQL queries etc.
- Conversion with Database Connection - Ispirer MnMTK can connect to Firebird, extract and convert the entire database or just specified objects and schemas
- Generates SQL scripts in DB2 AS/400 syntax
- Generates DB2 AS/400 IMPORT/LOAD scripts for importing data into DB2 AS/400 (LOBs are supported)
- Command Line Support can help you automate the migration process
- Migration Validation - The tool can compare the number of tables, the number of rows, and perform data validation for all or selected columns (based on primary keys or specified order clause)
Why Ispirer MnMTK for Firebird to DB2 AS/400 Migration
Ispirer MnMTK and our support ensure low cost and nearly 100% automation of the entire Firebird to DB2 AS/400 migration.
- ~100% Automation of All 3 Stages - Consistent and Integrated
- Stage 1: Database schema/DDL, server-side business logic (stored procedures, triggers etc)
- Stage 2: Data transfer and validation
- Stage 3: Front-end application code and SQL queries/scripts
When you need to migrate from Firebird to DB2 AS/400 we are right here to help you!