Firebird to DB2 iSeries Migration Overview
The tool migrates the following database objects and properties from Firebird to DB2 iSeries:
- Tables and Data
- Converts columns definitions - data types, default values, NOT NULL constraints
- Converts integrity constraints - primary and foreign keys, unique and check constraints
- Converts comments
- Resolves reserved words and identifiers conflicts
- Transfers data
- Indexes and Views
- Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers
Besides server-side business logic, Ispirer MnMTK also converts SQL queries in front-end applications and scripts to conform with the DB2 iSeries syntax.
Why Ispirer MnMTK for Migrating from Firebird to DB2 iSeries
Ispirer MnMTK and our support ensure low cost and nearly 100% automation of the entire Firebird to DB2 iSeries migration.
- Stage 1: Database schema/DDL, server-side business logic (stored procedures, triggers etc)
- Stage 2: Data transfer and validation
- Stage 3: Front-end application code and SQL queries/scripts
When you need to migrate from Firebird to DB2 iSeries we are right here to help you!