If you have migration from DB2 OS/390 to Oracle on your list – Ispirer MnMTK is just a one-stop solution for you. The tool can convert DB2 OS/390 to Oracle including database schema (DDL), data and server-side business logic.
DB2 OS/390 to Oracle Migration Overview
The tool migrates the following database objects and properties from DB2 OS/390 to Oracle:
- Tables and Data
- Converts columns definitions - data types, default values, NOT NULL constraints
- Supports identity columns (sequence and trigger are generated in Oracle)
- Converts integrity constraints - primary and foreign keys, unique and check constraints
- Converts comments
- Migrates Partitions definitions
- Transfers data (including LOB data types)
- Indexes, Views and Sequences
- Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers
Besides server-side business logic, Ispirer MnMTK also converts SQL queries in front-end applications and scripts.
Ispirer MnMTK is capable of converting stored procedures and functions to Java and .NET.
Ispirer Systems strives to render world-class database migration services. We tailor our migration tool Inspirer MnMTK in such a way that a customized version can fully satisfy a client's business needs. We steamroll through the industry with our best-in-class conversion tool Ispirer MnMTK and are glad to share with you a recorded demo showing an example of DB2 OS/390 to Oracle database migration:
In the demo you will see how database migration tool Ispirer MnMTK can convert DB2 OS/390 to Oracle. Among objects converted there are triggers, stored procedures, functions, views, sequences, object types, aliases and tables.
There is a data comparison tool provided by Ispirer systems that, using the ODBC connection both to Source - IBM DB2 Mainframe and to Target - Oracle, can compare the data. The tool is called "SQLWaysComparator". The demo below shows how the comparison process can be tuned up for the required direction:
Ispirer MnMTK Features for DB2 OS/390 to Oracle Database Migration
- Quick and Useful Conversion of SQL Scripts - You can easily start converting existing DB2 OS/390 SQL scripts - DDL statements, database SQL dump, SQL queries etc.
- Conversion with Database Connection - Ispirer MnMTK can connect to DB2 OS/390, extract and convert the entire database or just specified objects and schemas to Oracle
- Generates SQL scripts in Oracle syntax
- Generates SQL*Loader control files and commands for importing data into Oracle (LOBs are supported)
- Command Line Support can help you automate the migration process
- Migration Validation - The tool can compare the number of tables, the number of rows, and perform data validation for all or selected columns (based on primary keys or specified order clause)
Why use Ispirer MnMTK for Migrating from DB2 OS/390 to Oracle
Ispirer MnMTK 2017 and our support ensure low cost and nearly 100% automation of DB2 OS/390 to Oracle migration.
- ~100% Automation of All 3 Stages - Consistent and Integrated
- Stage 1: Database schema/DDL, server-side business logic (stored procedures, triggers etc)
- Stage 2: Data transfer and validation
- Stage 3: Front-end application code and SQL queries/scripts
- Fast Customization - Free fixes within 1-2 business days
- Pre-Sale Engagement - We demonstrate full conversion during the evaluation before you make a decision. Engagement Process
- Low Cost - We offer flexible pricing
- Optimized Conversion - Intelligent and maintainable code, no Ispirer's middleware is used after conversion
When you need to migrate from DB2 OS/390 to Oracle we are right here to help you!