Ispirer MnMTK can help you automatically convert SQL statements, table and column names in PowerBuilder applications to conform to the syntax and requirements of the new database platform.
This demo shows Ispirer MnMTK can migrate PowerBuilder Embedded SQL:
The necessity of PowerBuilder applications conversion is often underestimated in database migration projects. But even if you continue using PowerBuilder (not migrating to Java, .NET i.e.), the application migration can still take 30-50% of the project cost.
In the most cases, SQL statements in PowerBuilder applications are coded in the database native syntax that is different for Sybase, Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
Even if you use the PowerBuilder graphical features to define the datasources (PBSELECT), you often need to modify table and column names throughout the entire application code.
Some database migration projects involve significant database schema changes (renaming, removing, changing columns, tables) that also need to be reflected in PowerBuilder applications.
SQLWays automates PowerBuilder conversion and has the following features:
- Supports major databases - Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Offers assessment tools
- Provides tool called PBExtractor for automatic extraction of the source files from PowerBuilder project. If you are interested in this tool you can watch demo that represents the capabilities of PBExtractor : PBExtractor_Demo
- Processes PowerBuilder Source Files (extracted from .PBL libraries), finds and converts SQL statements and database access code.
- Converts SQL SELECT and PowerBuilder PBSELECT statements in DataWindow objects (.SRD files) and Query (.SRQ files)
- Converts SQL SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements in Window objects (.SRW files), User objects (.SRU files) and Function Objects (.SRF files)
- Supports Procedure calls
- Converts SQL built-in functions
- Supports Result Sets processing
- Converts DECLARE PROCEDURE FOR and ALIAS FOR statements
- Supports Dynamic SQL conversion
- Table and column mapping
Why Ispirer MnMTK
Ispirer MnMTK ensures low cost and almost 100% automation of PowerBuilder application conversion.
- Highly Automated, Consistent and Integrated conversion of the entire application
Ispirer MnMTK obtains correct information from the related database migration project
- Useful Development Tool - You can easily convert standalone PowerBuilder objects, functions and files as well as SQL statements
- Fast Customization - Fixes, custom conversions and optimizations within 1-2 business days
- Pre-Sale Engagement - We demonstrate full conversion during the evaluation before you make a decision.
- Low Cost - We offer flexible pricing
- Optimized Conversion - Source code conversion, no any Ispirer's middleware used after migration
Ispirer offers comprehensive services to perform PowerBuilder application migrations:
- Assessment, Estimation and Proof-of-Concepts
- Application Conversion and Database Migration (if required)
- SQL Testing, Database Integration Testing and User-Level Testing