Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 z/OS Migration Overview
The tool migrates the following database objects and properties from Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 z/OS:
- Tables and Data
- Converts columns definitions - data types, default values, NOT NULL constraints
- Supports identity columns (sequence and trigger are generated in DB2 z/OS)
- Converts integrity constraints - primary and foreign keys, unique and check constraints
- Converts comments
- Resolves reserved words and identifiers conflicts
- Transfers data (including TEXT and IMAGE data types)
- Indexes, Views and Logins
- SQL Server T-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers
- Converts SQL Server T-SQL to IBM DB2 z/OS SQL PL
Besides SQL Server T-SQL server-side business logic, Ispirer MnMTK also converts SQL queries in front-end applications and scripts to conform with IBM DB2 z/OS SQL syntax.
Ispirer MnMTK Features for Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 z/OS Migration
- Quick and Useful Conversion of SQL Scripts - You can easily start converting existing SQL Server SQL scripts - DDL statements, database SQL dump, SQL queries, etc.
- Conversion with Database Connection - Ispirer MnMTK can connect to SQL Server, extract and convert the entire database or just specified objects and schemas to IBM DB2 z/OS
- Generates SQL scripts in IBM DB2 z/OS syntax
- Command Line Support can help you automate the migration process
Why use Ispirer MnMTK to convert Microsoft SQL Server to DB2 z/OS
Ispirer MnMTK and our support ensure low cost and nearly 100% automation of MSSQL to DB2 z/OS migration.
- ~100% Automation - For all migration tasks: DDL, server-side business logic, SQL syntax in front-end applications and scripts. Key Features
- Fast Customization - Free fixes within 1-2 business days
- Pre-Sale Engagement - We demonstrate full conversion during the evaluation before you make a decision. Engagement Process
- Low Cost - We offer flexible pricing
- Optimized Conversion - Intelligent and maintainable code, no Ispirer's middleware is used after conversion
When you need to migrate from MS SQL Server to DB2 z/OS we are right here to help you.