April 6, 2023
We are thrilled to unveil the latest and greatest update to our migration tools. Our team has been hard at work to bring you an even better migration experience, with new features and enhancements that will help you move your databases with ease and efficiency. Whether you're an experienced pro or just getting started, our tools are designed to help you achieve your database migration goals with ease and confidence. So without further ado, let's dive into this latest update and see what we have in store for you!
First up, get ready to be amazed, because Ispirer Toolkit now supports migration to SingleStore! Automated migration to the SingleStore database is not a fantasy anymore, it's a reality thanks to the newly updated Ispirer Toolkit that will turbocharge the process.
Second, the generation of .sh scripts for Unix systems has been improved for better user experience. Now the users can generate the scripts, copy them to a computer with Unix OS and launch the import process there.
Third, object extraction from Teradata now works seamlessly as well as the preconversion feature that has been improved to ensure high-quality results.
Forth, log files are now simplified majorly for better understanding of the conversion results. Our experts have refined log files to provide the most critical information about the conversion results.
What is more, the parser technology in Ispirer Toolkit has been extended for the following source directions: Sybase ASE, Oracle, DB2, Java, Cobol, Teradata, Informix 4GL.
- DB2 zOS to SQL Server: improved conversion of scripts, views conversion.
- DB2 LUW to SQL Server: added conversion of EXPORT command, EXPORT WITH CTE, WITH NO DATA, REORG.
- DB2 to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of timestamp format string, GENERATE_UNIQUE(), TRUNC(), aliases.
- Firebird to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of FOR CTE construction, CHARACTER SET column option, first(:var) construction, FOR DO SUSPEND, user data types.
- Oracle to Java: improved conversion speed for huge scripts up to 40%.Improved conversion of GOTO, LOOP, TRUNC() with timestamp, synonyms usage with cursors, BULK COLLECT, EXECUTE IMMEDIATE USING, usage of COLLECTIONs from other packages, date difference.
- Oracle to SQL Server: improved generation of DROP object blocks before CREATE, Pivot(), LISTAGG(), TO_DATE(), CONNECT BY level, REGEXP_SUBSTR.
- Oracle to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of REGEXP_COUNT, dump(), %ROWTYPE, COUNT(DISTINCT ) OVER(), JSON_TABLE(), JSON_QUERY(), SUBSTRB(), BULK COLLECT, PIVOT, CREATE TYPE, SYS.XMLTYPE, PRAGMA Exception_init not_serializable deadlock snapshot_too_old.
- Sybase ASE to MySQL: improved conversion of COL_LENGTH(), comments, procedures returning status. Fixed minor bugs with stored procedures conversion and column names mapping.
- Microsoft SQL Server to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of MERGE, functions returns tables, ambiguous columns in table functions, WITH CTE in procedures.
- Progress to MySQL: added conversion of extent columns.
- PostgreSQL to Oracle: improved conversion of RETURN QUERY WITH SELECT, RAISE EXCEPTION, JSON_VALUE(), select into variable from table function, TABLE().
- Teradata to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of MERGE statement, WITH CTE statement, Exit handler, dbc.SysExecSQL, Macros that returns table, PREPARE, HANDLER FOR CONDITION, HANDLER FOR SQLSTATE, HANDLER FOR SQLSTATE VALUE.
- C++ to C#: added conversion of COUT functions, typedef union.
- COBOL to C#: improved conversion to use ODBC as target API, OPEN CURSOR, OPEN CURSOR, FETCH CURSOR.
- Pascal to Java: improved conversion of static variables, FOR loops, read() in loop.
- Progress 4GL to C#: improved conversion of Constructors.
- Delphi to C#: added conversion of OnCloseQuery, improved generation of connection string, methods FindComponent, MessageBox to WinForms.
- Informix 4GL to Java: improved conversion of a function as a parameter, variables in return class, return statement, GOTO, record like synonym, date comparison, foreach cursor, run, add_months(), day(), record initialization, global and local variables usage, execute using record, record like view, labels, foreach construction.
Try out the latest features of Ispirer Toolkit by downloading its free demo license!