February 8, 2023
Ispirer Toolkit migrate thousands lines of code daily. The more migration projects our team leads, the more conversion rules we integrate in our tools which helps to avoid migration challenges in future projects. The previous month was not an exception. In addition, our experts spent a great deal of time to majorly improve user experience. Now Ispirer Toolkit provides useful hints that help users better navigate the tool interface and make it easier to choose the right configuration for the migration process. Detailed information about migration time has been added to the final report, so you can compare results with preliminary estimates.
- DB2 to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of stored procedures with more than 100 parameters, exception handlers, SQLCODE, update statement with select with OFFSET.
- Microsoft SQL Server to DB2: added conversion of CROSS APPLY and OUTER APPLY.
- Microsoft SQL Server to PostgreSQL:added conversion of ISJSON(), OPENJSON(), JSON_MODIFY(), aliases with spaces, identity columns, recursion in triggers, NEWID().
- Informix to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of empty string values.
- Interbase to Microsoft SQL Server: added conversion of SELECT ... ROWS [N].
- Oracle to MySQL: added conversion for RATIO_TO_REPORT(), ROLLUP(): improved conversion of type is ref cursor.
- Oracle to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of NVL() inside dynamic sql, join operators (+) inside functions, SYS_IL0... indexes, cross join, ROWCOUNT, MULTISET(), nested aggregate functions, Open cursor into variable, cursor usage that is opened in another procedure, type is table to arrays, sys_guid(), UNPIVOT, aliases in Union, connect by, BULK COLLECT for arrays, connect by.
- Oracle to Java: improved conversion of collections usage, three level nested functions, record data types, nested comments, call of functions and procedures with default values, collection elements in parameters, user defined exceptions in nested functions, mutable parameters, try catch blocks, nvl functions, SIGN(), days to date conversion, LAST FIRST methods, length() function in loop, DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO(), DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_MODULE(), ADD_MONTH(), forall, TO_DATE().
- Sybase ASA to PostgreSQL: improved conversion of NEWID() function.
- PostgreSQL to Oracle: added conversion of get stacked diagnostics, schema names usage, string_agg(), timeofday(), clock_timestamp(), variables and column defaults. Improved conversion of table functions to pipelined, functions that returns record, trigger functions, temporary tables, open cursor with using option.
- Informix 4GL to Java: improved conversion of Run statement with RETURNING, IF constructions, casting variables, try catch blocks, EXECUTE procedure with objects as parameters, execute into, date and datetime datatype usage, returning several values, object types, insert array element, select into, array like constructions, expressions in bind parameters in cursors, integer and short comparison, char comparison, MDY(), comments, string to date casting, DATE().
- Delphi to C#: improved conversion of Dates with numbers comparison, TADOConnection, SetLength inside WITH, default values. Added conversion of AnsiReplaceText(), TListView, TListItem, dayofweek(), DateOf(), nill.
- VB to C#: improved conversion of IF constructions.
Try out the latest features of Ispirer Toolkit by downloading its free demo license!