- Customer: Support Service Provider
- Country: United States
- Product Used: Ispirer MnMTK License
- Source Technology: DB2 AS/400
- Target Technology: Microsoft SQL Server
- Project Scope: 150 GD of Data
- Project Duration: 2014-2015
Аn organization from the US offering individual and family community support services. They are committed to rehabilitation and behavioral health of their patients. Their rehabilitation centers are situated in multiple locations, which makes the service accessible. For over 50 years this organization provides services to people with behavioral problems and complex psychological issues.
In order to successfully pursue multiple social goals, the organization needed to modernize its databases. Their technical team considered some alternatives and Microsoft SQL Server platform was selected as the most suitable due to its functionality. The first issue on the agenda was the data move from the DB2 AS/400 database.
During the Extension Stage, the Ispirer Developers performed some customizations of the Ispirer Migration and Modernization Toolkit 2015, which were required in order to ensure the highest level of automation in conversion of data. For example, the following features have been added:
- Migration of the data types BINARY, GRAPHIC, CHAR FOR BIT DATA;
- Migration of CHAR to NCHAR (available as an option);
- Migration of BLOB Function;
- Migration of 24:00:00 in TIME and TIMESTAMP data types.
The customer was provided with the license for the toolkit for several months. Our team demonstrated to the user the working process of Ispirer MnMTK during training conference via WebEx. After that, the company started migrating data without any difficulties.
Benefits Derived from Conversion
Everything run without a hitch. High performance of the toolkit made it possible for the customer to run the migration on time and achieve their business goal.